1. Application for scholarship must be submitted no later than February 1st of the year the applicant
2. Two letters of recommendation are required from school sources such as a high school counselor
or high school teachers.
3. Must be a graduating senior.
4. Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5
5. Must submit a 250 word essay on "Why I Want to Study Cosmetology."
6. The final two applicants may be asked to participate in personal interviews.
7. Must have an excellent attendance record, with NO unexcused absences and a satisfactory conduct record.
The scholarship will pay $500 toward tuition. Scholarships are awarded in area high schools. The recipient's hours will be calculated to determine the graduation date. The recipient will pay mandatory days and overtime charges if he/she does not complete the program by their contract graduation date.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENT
1. The recipient must maintain satisfactory progress in attendance, academics and daily practical
2. The recipient is required to pay registration and all Arkansas Dept. of Health, Cosmetology
3. The recipient will buy his/her own books and kit.
4. The recipient must be a full-time student.
5. The recipient will lose the scholarship if the student fails to meet the quantitative and qualitative
measures (minimum of 67% average monthly attendance and minimum of 75% grade point
average) as outlined in the SAP policy, which could result in losing any financial aid for which the
student may qualify.